|RICHTER, MILLER & FINN
Northern Virginia &
P.O. Box 216
Catharpin, Virginia 20143
1. This agreement sets forth the terms and conditions which apply to your use of this web site at RLAW.COM and other services or facilities at RLAW.COM. These rights to use RLAW.COM are personal to you and are not transferable to any other person.
2. Your access to or use of any information on any publicly accessible web page at RLAW.COM does not create any obligation on part of Richter, Miller & Finn (the "law firm"). All publicly accessible web pages at this site are hyperlinked directly or through intermediate hyperlinks which are publicly accessible from the law firm's home page at http://rlaw.com/rmf.
3. The law firm has the right to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of this web site or other services or facilities at RLAW.COM at any time. This web site or other services or facilities at RLAW.COM may be interrupted for technical reasons or discontinued or terminated at any time by the law firm without any liability or obligation to you.
5. Your use of this web site and any other facilities or services at RLAW.COM shall for lawful and proper purposes only. You agree not to attempt to hack, misuse, attack or abuse any web page or to attempt to obtain any unauthorized access to any private web page or any private service or facility at RLAW.COM. None of the private web pages at this site are hyperlinked to any publicly accessible web page. Unless you have received a user name, password and other access information directly from the law firm which identifies you as an authorized user, you have no right to access and agree to make no attempt access any private web page or other private service or facility at RLAW.COM.
6. Your access to or use of any publicly accessible web page at this site does not create any attorney-client relationship by you with this law firm or with any lawyer connected or associated with this law firm.
7. This law firm attempts to provide accurate, reasonably up to date information on the publicly accessible web pages, but undertakes no obligation to you to do so. No information on the publicly accessible web pages are intended to constitute legal advice on any matter for anyone. The law firm has and accepts no responsiblity for any use you may make of any information on the publicly accessible web pages at this site.
8. The server log system at RLAW.COM routinely records information about every user who accesses or attempts to access any web page or other service or facility at RLAW.COM. The law firm treats all server log information as confidential; however, such information may be used without further notice to comply with legal process or law or to track down anyone who violates any term of use set forth on this web page.
9. Access to certain private web pages at this site requires placement of one or more "cookie" entries in browser cookie file(s) on your computer which must be enabled for that purpose. Such cookie entries contain information which permits the law firm to identify you as an authorized user based upon exchange of unique cookie information.
10. The law firm treats as confidential all information on the private web pages or accessible through private services and facilities at RLAW.COM as well as the identities of the person(s) to whom the law firm has provided user name(s) and password(s) to access private web pages or private services or facilities at RLAW.COM.
11. The law firm has no responsibility for the content of or the privacy policies associated with any web page not at the RLAW.COM domain which may be accessed from a hyperlink on a publicly accessible web page at RLAW.COM. Such hyperlinks are provided for convenience, and should not be construed as an endorsement by the law firm.
12. Any trademarks, service marks or the like of others appearing on publicly accessible web pages at RLAW.COM are the property of their respective owners.
13. The information on the publicly accessible web pages is intended to be purely informational and general in nature; it is not intended as advertising or to solicit new legal work for this law firm or any lawyer connected or associated with this law firm from anyone, nor is it intended to provide legal advice to anyone. It is also not intended to be published, read or used by anyone in any jurisdiction which prohibits publication or circulation of this type of information.
14. The law firm welcomes bona fide suggestions concerning improvement of the publicly accessible web pages. The law firm has the right to use or incorporate ideas contained in any such suggestions received without obligation to the submitter. Do not send any suggestion that you consider to contain confidential or proprietary information or for which you expect any payment or anything else in return.
15. The law firm has no obligation to respond to unsolicited incoming email from anyone with whom a specific lawyer within the law firm has not had prior substantive contact. However, the law firm at its option may respond to apparently bona fide, unsolicited incoming email whenever the law firm deems it appropriate to do so.
16. If you wish to consider engaging this law firm or a particular lawyer to represent or to provide services for you in a particular matter, you must first contact the law firm directly. Please see our How To Contact The Firm page for information about how to make such initial contact. If you have not had prior substantive contact, you should be careful not to send any information which you regard as confidential in an initial email or other contact. Please see our Engagements page for additional information pertinent to engaging this law firm or a particular lawyer. Please read and be familiar with the information on those pages before you initiate contact.
17. The law firm has no obligation to respond to misaddressed email(s) which are directed to individual(s) not known or identifiable to the law firm or to non-existent email accounts at RLAW.COM. All such misaddressed emails will be deleted from the email server at RLAW.COM; however, in appropriate circumstances, the law firm at its option may notify the sender that he/she has sent an email to a bad or incorrect email address.
18. All incoming "spam" type emails are routinely intercepted and deleted with no response. Anyone who sends a non-spam email with generic or spam like subject lines or content run (and accept) the risk that their emails may be trapped and deleted by the spam filtering system used by the law firm and/or that actual receipt of such emails, if at all, may be delayed for several days or more due to the spam filter procedures used by the law firm.
19. No outgoing spam emails are sent or authorized to be sent by anyone from the email server at RLAW.COM nor is anyone sending spam emails authorized to show or use any email address at the RLAW.COM domain. Unfortunately, it is possible (and quite easy) for spammers to spoof email addresses, i.e., show the spam email as originating at an email address which, in fact, has nothing to do with originating spam emails. If you receive a spam email which purports to have originated from an email address at RLAW.COM and wish to contact us about it, please check with your technical IT personnel first who will be able to explain this problem to you. Be sure to provide your IT personnel with the full header content of the incoming email to analyze and have available before contacting us.
20. Each lawyer and other person employed in the law firm has one or more unpublished (i.e. not publicly listed) email addresses which are used exclusively for communications with persons with which the law firm has existing relationships. Those unpublished email addresses are provided privately as necessary solely to facilitate such private communications by email. You agree not to attempt to "guess" or to use any such unpublished (i.e. not publicly listed) email address unless it has been provided to you in private to support or to facilitate email communications relating to an actual relationship with the law firm.
21. The law firm and the lawyers in the law firm do not consent to receiving (and do not accept any responsibility to receive) any email communications from opposing or adverse counsel except by prearrangement (i.e., by advance, written agreement) with the other counsel involved or except as otherwise provided by an applicable law or Court rule. If such an email communication is sent and received, an acknowledgement of the receipt of such email will be returned to the sender by email. No sender of such an email should assume that the email which was sent has been actually received by the law firm or by a specific lawyer unless a verifiable acknowledgement of receipt has been received back.
22. The law firm is responsible for the content of the publicly accessible web pages at this site; within the law firm, Paul S. Richter, has primary responsiblity for this.
23. Last revision date for this page: June 25, 2009.
|Copyright © 1994 - 2009 - Richter, Miller & Finn - Last Update: June 2009
Constructive suggestions for improvements are always welcome!